Thursday, March 31, 2011

Looking for horror anthology contributors

Open call to all Indie Horror Authors!  My name is Bradley Convissar and I am in the process of trying to get 8-12 authors together to publish an anthology.  I look around and see some of the more well known Indie authors gathering together to put out short story collections and I thought to myself, hey, why not us?  If you are inetrested, read on.  If not, feel free to move on:

1.  I am looking for stories 1,000-6,000 words.  Hell, you can submit a story you already published in one of your collections if you choose, though an original story would be preferable.  I will not edit for content, only for spelling, unless there is something egregiously wrong.  Important: you must own the rights to the story!

2.  Don't expect to make too much money from this.  It will be priced at $.99.  Don't get me wrong, I will spit whatever profits there are, though $.35- $.40 per book split among 10 people is not a whole lot.  Remember, this is for exposure.

3.  I do not have a title or cover in mind yet, suggestions welcomed.

4.  Each story will be accompanied by a short bio and links to websites or blogsites.

5.  You will be expected to promote the book on your own social networking sites: Twitter, Facebook,
through your blogs, etc.  I will do whatever other book their is.

6.  I will publish this on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, and Smashwords.

7.  I will listen to any input and suggestions I get, but someone has to be in charge, and I will make any final decisions.

If you are interested, please e-mail me at bconvisdmd@gmail.com with your name and a short message.  If you have a title in mind, let me know.  Put "Anthology" in the subject line.

My intention is to have this done by the end of May and I will keep everyone in the loop

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.  And if you know someone else who wants to get in on this, let me know.
-Bradley Convissar

2 comments:

  1. 1,000 - 6,000 words? I do that on one (small) chapter. Not sure I can write a story that small. Guess it's time to try, eh?
    Is there a theme (besides horror) for this? Anything particular in mind? That usually helps for deciding a title and cover.

    ReplyDelete