Sunday, December 19, 2010

Horns by Joel Hill

We will never see another Stephen King in our lifetime.
But in a world lacking in quality horror, his son is doing an admirable job of writing good, easy and enjoyable to read horror.
I'm only 1/3 of the way through Horns, but it is an excellent read.  It flows.  it rarely hangs up.  It is engaging.  And while not a "page turner" because it is not a mystery or thriller "who done it", though there are mysteries, and I look forward to getting to the end.  But the enjoyment, unlike with a straight mystery, is not the end alone, but the trip, and it is one fun trip.
I may even consider picking up his Locke and Key graphic novel series (funny thing I haven't yet- I am an avid comic book reader).
Horns is proving to be an admirable follow up to Heart Shape Box, though the horror is more subtle.
I'll get back for a full review when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment